embeding text from one page to another

BigOne

I'm looking for a script that embeds the text typed on a hidden(and
protected) page in to a other page that can be viewed for visitors
this text must stay till the owner sets a new text

this is to update a site of a restaurant and they want to chance
just the "menu of the day" (one textline only)

thanks in advance

The BigOne

Brian

Dennis M. Marks said:
I don't know what you mean by hidden and protected but you may want to
look into "iframe". It is a frame that can be embedded anywhere on a
page and displays another page within it. I use it on my home page.
http:www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/

No, I think The BigOne is asking how to make an interface, so you can update
the content of a page... For instance, The chef of a restruant's website can
go to site/admin.htm and update today's menu data, and when the public goes
to site/index.html, they see todays menu.

There are many, many ways to do it... But you will have to do it with some
sort of Server-Side scripting.

Basically, the server will have a form with input, and that input will be
stored with the server-side script into a database, flat file, or any other
method of updates.

I recommend you look into PHP, though this can be done with server-side
Javascript, Perl, shell scripts, C/C++, Java, you name it...

Of course there is the issue of security... make sure only the people who
have access to make changes can get to it. There are many, many ways to
accomplish this.

Unfortunately, there is no specific answer for your question. It all
depends on your server's capabilities.

Brian