embeding wmp w/instant play?l

Guest

been racking my brain and msdn and google with no luck...

how would i go about embedding a media clip and having it play instantly?
i.e. no buffering/caching?

i dont care if it buffers half way through, but i need the clip playing <1s
after the link to the page is clicked.

any help would be appreciated, im open to pretty much anything at this point

Curt_C [MVP]

japhar81 said:
been racking my brain and msdn and google with no luck...

how would i go about embedding a media clip and having it play instantly?
i.e. no buffering/caching?

i dont care if it buffers half way through, but i need the clip playing <1s
after the link to the page is clicked.

any help would be appreciated, im open to pretty much anything at this point
this is pretty much all clientside stuff but the buffering is usually a
clientside side effect.
Try looking at streaming it directly instead of serving up a file (MMS://)

Basicallly though, its going to be nearly impossible to guarantee

Curt_C [MVP]

what do you mean streaming directly? just opening http:// instead of mms://?

I meant dont use http://site/file.wmv and to use mms:// instead