Emerson MW8775W

Elijah Cardon

I believe my microwave is programmed in C. I threw in a Healthy Choice
chicken alfredo, with carrots and broccoli medley, seven minutes ago,
hit cook '5','0','0' and in the half light, mistakenly hit cook again.
Nothing happened. So I hit cook, 5, 0, 0, and then 'start' like a guy
who wants to eat.

It goes past five minutes and down to 4:49 before I say nay. I'm
uncertain whether that's a bad thing that my electronics did exactly
what it was told. EC

Ancient_Hacker

Elijah said:
I believe my microwave is programmed in C. I threw in a Healthy Choice
chicken alfredo, with carrots and broccoli medley, seven minutes ago,
hit cook '5','0','0' and in the half light, mistakenly hit cook again.
Nothing happened. So I hit cook, 5, 0, 0, and then 'start' like a guy
who wants to eat.

It goes past five minutes and down to 4:49 before I say nay. I'm
uncertain whether that's a bad thing that my electronics did exactly
what it was told. EC

Try putting leading zeroes on your cooking time and see if you end up
with octal time.

Clever Monkey

Elijah said:
I believe my microwave is programmed in C. I threw in a Healthy Choice
chicken alfredo, with carrots and broccoli medley, seven minutes ago,
hit cook '5','0','0' and in the half light, mistakenly hit cook again.
Nothing happened. So I hit cook, 5, 0, 0, and then 'start' like a guy
who wants to eat.

It goes past five minutes and down to 4:49 before I say nay. I'm
uncertain whether that's a bad thing that my electronics did exactly
what it was told. EC

PEBMAC. Use better fingers.

Elijah Cardon

Ancient_Hacker said:
Try putting leading zeroes on your cooking time and see if you end up
with octal time.
I can't think of how I'd tell it were octal. I hit 'cook', '0','1','0',
'start', and it seemed to go for ten seconds. Any sequence I've touched
with 'clock' has resulted in error. EC