encapsulating unmanaged code with COM?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ting Xing, Jun 12, 2009.

  1. Ting Xing

    Ting Xing Guest

    Hello,

    Is it good to encapsulate unmanaged code using COM ?

    I developed a lot of classes in old VS6 IDE.
    Now I start to use Visual studio 2008 to develop GUI applications
    (form).
    The unmanaged classes have to be used, but I dont want mix the old
    code
    into the new environment (vs2008), and especially, I want to keep the
    old world
    simple as its been - i.e., just continue to modify the old code in
    Visual Studio 6.

    Accordingly, the idea of using COM to encapsulate the old code - is it
    flawed?
    Are there formal/official alternatives?

    Thanks in advance.

    Ting