    form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
    there?

    Thanks.
    Kelvin, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Kelvin

    Jim Gibson Guest

    In article <>, Kelvin
    <> wrote:

    > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into
    > another
    > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
    > there?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt::
    modules.

    FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future.
    Jim Gibson, Nov 8, 2004

  3. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote:

    > I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into
    > another
    > form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
    > there?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13
    method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13
    places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the
    same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters).

    Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it
    to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes
    every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it
    though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters).

    Not sercure, but nice easy and simple.

    --
    Andrew Balmos (abalmos)
    abalmos [/@t\] gmail [/dot\] _remove_this_ [/com\]