Encryption from text to text...

Kelvin

I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into
another
form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
there?

Thanks.

Jim Gibson

Kelvin said:
I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into
another
form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
there?

Thanks.

You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt::
modules.

FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future.

Andrew Balmos (abalmos)

I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into
another
form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
there?

Thanks.

I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13
method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13
places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the
same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters).

Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it
to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes
every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it
though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters).

Not sercure, but nice easy and simple.