Encryption Key

Mike

Hi,

I encrypting data in a db using AES. I need to store my encryption key and
was think of using the web.config file. Is this the best option?

Thanks

Masudur

Mike said:
Hi,

I encrypting data in a db using AES. I need to store my encryption key and
was think of using the web.config file. Is this the best option?

Thanks

Hi,

encrypting key is very sensitive data...
you should not store it any where human can read
Better add a resource file...
and make the resource file as embaded resource...
then assign a key and data... to store the encryption key...

In this way your key will be in dll and only your code can read it...

Thanks.

Masudur
Kaz Software Ltd.
www.kaz.com.bd