ending a session in servlet

sarav

hi folks,
i need to know one simple answer but its not workin for me.
i have a problem with my servlet.i had bound an rmi object with a
servlet page.The thing i need is i have to invoke the call to an method
of rmi class when the IE running servlet page is closed.i tried with
destroy() method of servlet but it is invoked only when the server is
stopped.
wht can i do now?

Andrea Desole

sarav said:
hi folks,
i need to know one simple answer but its not workin for me.
i have a problem with my servlet.i had bound an rmi object with a
servlet page.The thing i need is i have to invoke the call to an method
of rmi class when the IE running servlet page is closed.i tried with
destroy() method of servlet but it is invoked only when the server is
stopped.
wht can i do now?

There is no way to surely know when someone closes the browser. The best
thing you can do is to know when the session is destroyed. You can use a
session listener for that
And be careful when using members in a servlet, there can be threading
issues.