Enforcing UI Standards

Guest

Hello,
We are working on a .net 2.0 web app using master pages and themse. We
want to ensure that all webcontrols use the proper Skin from our them, and
that visual elements are not overridden at the page level.
I don't want to force developers to use a specific skinid, just enforce
that the use any valid skinid and don't override its definition with
colors/fonts ... on the page.
What [free] tools are available to help me do this? FXCop seems to be
focused on c# classes? Can it validate rules in mys ASPX files. What other
tools might I use.
Russ

Michael Nemtsev

Hello gover,

Why not to try to add your own rules for the FxCop, which will check that
overrides?

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

g> Hello,
g> We are working on a .net 2.0 web app using master pages and
g> themse. We
g> want to ensure that all webcontrols use the proper Skin from our
g> them, and
g> that visual elements are not overridden at the page level.
g> I don't want to force developers to use a specific skinid, just
g> enforce
g> that the use any valid skinid and don't override its definition with
g> colors/fonts ... on the page.
g> What [free] tools are available to help me do this? FXCop seems to
g> be
g> focused on c# classes? Can it validate rules in mys ASPX files. What
g> other
g> tools might I use.
g> Rus