    I am using g++

    Thanks,
    marc
    Marc Schellens, Aug 24, 2004

  2. Marc Schellens wrote:

    > I know that file functions (see below) are non-standard,
    > but there must be a 'sub'standard as this are very common
    > things.
    >
    > I want to:
    > get a list of files in a directory,
    > For a given file I want to get the size, access mode, last access date, ...
    >
    > I am using g++

    None of these have standard solutions.
    But you can look at www.boost.org
    They have encapsulated those things in a portable
    way.

    And rumor says, that at least parts of the boost
    libraries will make it into one of the next standards.
    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger
    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Marc Schellens wrote:

    > I know that file functions (see below) are non-standard,
    > but there must be a 'sub'standard as this are very common
    > things.
    >
    > I want to:
    > get a list of files in a directory,
    > For a given file I want to get the size, access mode, last access date, ...
    >
    > I am using g++
    >
    > Thanks,
    > marc

    But remember, there are more embedded systems that are
    not using filesystems in the world than there are hosted
    platforms that have filesystems.

    One reason that directories are not in the standard.
    Another is that O.S.es tend to differ on how they organize
    their files.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message: