Environmental variable for CGI proxy

John Smith

1) If I want to mimic the webserver using the local host for testing,
what environment variable do I use set up the local host as a CGI
proxy?

The main problem:

I have downloaded and installed the Perl plugin for Eclipse.

I am testing my CGI configuration by running the following script,
using my localhost as the web server:

#!C:\perl\bin\perl
use CGI;
my $query = new CGI;

print $query->header,
$query->start_html('hello world'),
$query->end_html();

Output:

Popup message:
(CGI-Target)Could not connect to CGI-Proxy

Output Pane:
Found default config file
Server started on 5003
LOG: 5 5003-server: main.: starting handler: cgi
LOG: 5 5003-server: main.: starting handler: file

Webserver tab:
HTML Root Directory:
C:\Eclipse_Workspace\Hello_World\HTML

HTML Startup File:
C:\Eclipse_Workspace\Hello_World\HTML\index.html

CGI Root Directory:
C:\Eclipse_Workspace\Hello_World\HTML

CGI Environment tab:
CGI-Script Environment Variables:
HTTP_HOST=127.0.0.1

Have already tried the following links with no resolution on the pop up
error message:
http://translate.google.com/transla...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1475397&forum_id=258688
http://www.cgi101.com/learn/ch3/text.html
http://perldoc.perl.org/CGI.html#FETCHING-ENVIRONMENT-VARIABLES

I am not sure if I set up the CGI environment correctly. Any hints is
appreciated.