EOF-file missing

Tor Erik Sønvisen

Hi

From a client I read a file into a string using read().
On the server-side (it's a HTTPServer) i access the same string through the
input stream rfile.
However all useful read-methods (readlines, readline, read) expect an EOF
before terminating.
And for some reason the stream doesn't have the seek method either, so it's
impossible to set the file-pointer to the end of the stream.
how can I access the whole string then?
Is it possible to add an EOF to the string before sending it from the
client? Or maybe there are other solutions?

regards