Error accessing website on remote box.

Jay

I created a website in Visual studio 2005.
I did a build and I can browse it on my local box.
http://localhost/gpweb/gpkey.aspx
When I try to access it on a remote box, it doesn't work.
http://<myservername>/gpweb/gpkey.aspx
I get the "Page cannot be displayed" error.

dkode

It sounds like an IIS error.

If it was a problem with your asp application, you would receive a
runtime error.

Verify that the virtual directory "gpweb" is setup as an Application (
this is on the first tab when you right click and go to properties
under IIS)

Also, place just a basic html file in that directory and see if you can
access it, if you cannot then something is wrong with your IIS Setup on
the remote box.

Hope this helps!

dkode

Jay

It is setup as an application.

I created a test HTML file and am able to access it using this URL on my
local box.
http://<myserver>/GPWeb/test.htm
When I use the same URL on the remotebox, it doesn't work.

Should be somehing with the setup on <myserver>.
What could be wrong with the IIS?
(I website is hosted on my server and am trying to access it from remote
box. My guess is I dont have to setup anything on the remote server)

I appreciate your help.

dkode

If you are unable to access test.htm on the remote box, then it is a
problem with IIS,

Does the virtual directory "GPWeb" exist on the remote server?

can you access any page on the remote box?

At this point, it is not a problem with .NET, but a problem with IIS
serving out pages. Could be a number of things.

I would suggest making a posting to IIS NG to explore further.