    Can anybody help
    Thank
    Nick Prudhoe
    =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBQcnVkaG9l?=, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Nick,

    You might have a bad installation there. The first thing I would try is
    re-setting the .Net installation for asp.net related items.

    There is a fast way to do this from the .Net command prompt:

    Open the Visual Studio.Net command prompt (Start - All Programs - Microsoft
    Visual Studio.Net 2003 - Visual Studio.Net 2003 Tools - Visual Studio.Net
    2003 Command Prompt) and then enter:

    aspnet_regiis -r

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    "Nick Prudhoe" <> wrote in message
    > When I simply try to create a new ASP.NET web service in VS.NET 2003 on

    W2k/IIS5 i get this message....

    > "The web server reported the following error when attempting to create or

    open the Web project located at the following URL:
    'http://localhost/webservice1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Error'.

    > and in the event log there are two indentical entries as follows...
    >
    > Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.

    Error: 0x80131534

    S. Justin Gengo, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Sorry, no luck. I should have said I have already tried the following things..

    Re-installed VS.NE
    Re-installed II
    ran aspnet_regiis -i (and now -r as well
    changed machine.config to use SYSTEM instead of MACHIN
    added ASPNET to local admin
    manually created an aspx page ran it and got the same event log entrie
    ran IIS under my specific local admin accoun

    I'm really stuck!
    =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBQcnVkaG9l?=, Feb 17, 2004