Error from DialogBox() when called inside a static LIB

Gavin Deane

Marek said:
I'm trying to call

DialogBox(hInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(DLG_SETUPDIALOG), GetDesktopWindow(),
(DLGPROC)DialogProc);

from inside a static library but I get an error message:

"specified image file did not contain a resource section"

Does anyone know how to fix this? I found the same error posted here:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=173005

but no solution.

You're question has nothing to do with C++. You're having problems
using the Windows API so a forum concerned with Windows programming
will be able to help. Look under the microsoft.public.* hierarchy or
something suggested in this page

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

which also explains the topicality of comp.lang.c++

Gavin