error html javascript ??

Discussion in 'HTML' started by adel, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. adel

    adel Guest

    I have a strange error !!
    My script work perfectly with mozilla but with IE there are a problem !
    the problem is indicated like that :
    in my html page I do :
    <input type="button" value="Search"
    onclick="complete();">
    and in my javascript :
    function complete() {
    var target= document.getElementById("destinataire").value;

    It works with mozilla but with IE I can't execute the function complete
    and the IE says :
    Error : Object doesn't support this action

    (I tried with : "document.xmlform.destinataire.value" in javascript
    but I have the same error ...)

    Anyone knows what may be the problem ??

    thank you

    adel, Sep 5, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I have a strange error !!
    > My script work perfectly with mozilla but with IE there are a problem !
    > the problem is indicated like that :
    > in my html page I do :
    > <input type="button" value="Search"
    > onclick="complete();">
    > and in my javascript :
    > function complete() {
    > var target= document.getElementById("destinataire").value;
    >
    > It works with mozilla but with IE I can't execute the function complete
    > and the IE says :
    > Error : Object doesn't support this action
    >
    > (I tried with : "document.xmlform.destinataire.value" in javascript
    > but I have the same error ...)
    >
    > Anyone knows what may be the problem ??

    Need more of your code, problem most likely in what you have *not*
    included. Please, please, and pretty-please post a url.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO