Error "Impossible to load the translet class"; XSLTC

Richard

Hello,

Do you have any idea of my problem? The undermentioned program does not
work with Java 1.5.0_05 but worked with Java 1.4. The problem is related
to XSLTC but perhaps my environment is the problem? (my system is
Windows XP).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard

import java.io.File;
import java.net.URL;

import javax.xml.transform.Templates;
import javax.xml.transform.Transformer;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource;

public class Main {

TransformerFactory tfactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
URL urlXSL = Main.class.getResource("zoo.xsl");
URL urlXML = Main.class.getResource("zoo.xml");
File fichierXSL = new File(urlXSL.toURI());
File fichierXML = new File(urlXML.toURI());

Templates templates =
tfactory.newTemplates(new StreamSource(fichierXSL));
Transformer transformer = templates.newTransformer();
// The following lines have no importance because
// the problem is at the previous line.

Error Message:
Exception in thread "main"
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
Chargement impossible de la classe translet 'zoo'.
(Translation in english: Impossible to load the translet class 'zoo')
at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.defineTransletClasses(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.getTransletInstance(Unknown
Source)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TemplatesImpl.newTransformer(Unknown
Source)
at Main.main(Main.java:21)

Richard

Thanks Roedy for your answer but I need to keep my old version of Java 1.4.

I have launched the java application with the -verbose option and I have
seen that all the classes come from java 1.5.0_05.

Do you know someone who had the same problem as me?

Richard

Roedy Green a écrit :

Richard

For developers who will have the same problem as me:

I have just discovered the reason of my problem: XSLTC does not like the
big stylesheets!

So, I will have to choose another library to transform my XML files.

I don't understand why Sun has chosen such a library, even if it
provides a quick transformer. My stylesheet is not so big (10 Ko).

Richard