Error in HDL designer

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by roche.alexis@gmail.com, Sep 12, 2007.

    I'm trying to compil an entire design and some Errors occurs :

    ** Error: (vcom-13) Recompile X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/
    detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/detector_muon_lib/work.muon_rx_syncram
    because X:\LHCb\TELL1\hdl\common_tell1_vhdl_libraries/common_TELL1_lib/
    work.common_tell1_type_map has changed.
    ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1195) Cannot
    find expanded name: 'detector_muon_lib.muon_rx_syncram'.
    ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1105)
    'detector_muon_lib' is not an entity.
    ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): Configuration
    specification requires an entity aspect.

    I've tryed to compile an older design wich I've already compile with
    no problem and the error is still there.
    Moreover I've desinstalled HDL designer of my computer and reinstalle
    it, and the error occurs again.

    I really don't know how this kind of errors can occurs, so if someone
    have any idea.
    Thancks in advance

    , Sep 12, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I'm trying to compil an entire design and some Errors occurs :

    Try compiling your design files directly on modelsim.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Sep 12, 2007

    On Sep 12, 9:45 am, wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to compil an entire design and some Errors occurs :
    >
    > ** Error: (vcom-13) Recompile X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/
    > detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/detector_muon_lib/work.muon_rx_syncram
    > because X:\LHCb\TELL1\hdl\common_tell1_vhdl_libraries/common_TELL1_lib/
    > work.common_tell1_type_map has changed.
    > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1195) Cannot
    > find expanded name: 'detector_muon_lib.muon_rx_syncram'.
    > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1105)
    > 'detector_muon_lib' is not an entity.
    > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): Configuration
    > specification requires an entity aspect.
    >
    > I've tryed to compile an older design wich I've already compile with
    > no problem and the error is still there.
    > Moreover I've desinstalled HDL designer of my computer and reinstalle
    > it, and the error occurs again.
    >
    > I really don't know how this kind of errors can occurs, so if someone
    > have any idea.
    > Thancks in advance

    Try deleting the contents of the Modelsim Downstream folder and
    rebuild your whole project. Make sure you don't have any scripts or
    any other user written files in that folder because ones deleted they
    are history......

    I would also set the "compile always" option which you can find in
    your Modelsim Compile Settings (RMB on Modelsim compile task),

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    PS HDS2007.1 is out.

    , Sep 12, 2007

    On 12 sep, 17:21, wrote:
    > On Sep 12, 9:45 am, wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,
    > > I'm trying to compil an entire design and some Errors occurs :

    > > ** Error: (vcom-13) Recompile X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/
    > > detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/detector_muon_lib/work.muon_rx_syncram
    > > because X:\LHCb\TELL1\hdl\common_tell1_vhdl_libraries/common_TELL1_lib/
    > > work.common_tell1_type_map has changed.
    > > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1195) Cannot
    > > find expanded name: 'detector_muon_lib.muon_rx_syncram'.
    > > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1105)
    > > 'detector_muon_lib' is not an entity.
    > > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): Configuration
    > > specification requires an entity aspect.

    > > I've tryed to compile an older design wich I've already compile with
    > > no problem and the error is still there.
    > > Moreover I've desinstalled HDL designer of my computer and reinstalle
    > > it, and the error occurs again.

    > > I really don't know how this kind of errors can occurs, so if someone
    > > have any idea.
    > > Thancks in advance

    > Try deleting the contents of the Modelsim Downstream folder and
    > rebuild your whole project. Make sure you don't have any scripts or
    > any other user written files in that folder because ones deleted they
    > are history......
    >
    > I would also set the "compile always" option which you can find in
    > your Modelsim Compile Settings (RMB on Modelsim compile task),
    >
    > Hanswww.ht-lab.com
    >
    > PS HDS2007.1 is out.

    Oki it's seems to work.
    Thanck you !!!!!

    , Sep 13, 2007

    On 13 sep, 10:36, wrote:
    > On 12 sep, 17:21, wrote:
    >

    > > On Sep 12, 9:45 am, wrote:

    > > > Hi,
    > > > I'm trying to compil an entire design and some Errors occurs :

    > > > ** Error: (vcom-13) Recompile X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/
    > > > detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/detector_muon_lib/work.muon_rx_syncram
    > > > because X:\LHCb\TELL1\hdl\common_tell1_vhdl_libraries/common_TELL1_lib/
    > > > work.common_tell1_type_map has changed.
    > > > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > > > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1195) Cannot
    > > > find expanded name: 'detector_muon_lib.muon_rx_syncram'.
    > > > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > > > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): (vcom-1105)
    > > > 'detector_muon_lib' is not an entity.
    > > > ** Error: X:/LHCb/TELL1/hdl/detector_spec_vhdl_libraries/
    > > > detector_muon_lib/hdl/muon_rx_mux_struct.vhd(256): Configuration
    > > > specification requires an entity aspect.

    > > > I've tryed to compile an older design wich I've already compile with
    > > > no problem and the error is still there.
    > > > Moreover I've desinstalled HDL designer of my computer and reinstalle
    > > > it, and the error occurs again.

    > > > I really don't know how this kind of errors can occurs, so if someone
    > > > have any idea.
    > > > Thancks in advance

    > > Try deleting the contents of the Modelsim Downstream folder and
    > > rebuild your whole project. Make sure you don't have any scripts or
    > > any other user written files in that folder because ones deleted they
    > > are history......

    > > I would also set the "compile always" option which you can find in
    > > your Modelsim Compile Settings (RMB on Modelsim compile task),

    > > Hanswww.ht-lab.com

    > > PS HDS2007.1 is out.

    > Oki it's seems to work.
    > Thanck you !!!!!

    Oh sorry i've done a mistake. I already have the same error again.
    I tryed to delete "Modelsim Downstream folder" and set the "compile
    always" but with no results.
    Concerning the compilation directly in modelsim, I've about 20/30
    libraries to import in modelsim, so I tryed not to do that at each
    test ;)

    So if you have any others ideas.
    Thanck you for your last answers

    , Sep 13, 2007
  6. HT-Lab Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 13 sep, 10:36, wrote:
    >> On 12 sep, 17:21, wrote:

    ... snip

    >> > PS HDS2007.1 is out.

    >> Oki it's seems to work.
    >> Thanck you !!!!!

    > Oh sorry i've done a mistake. I already have the same error again.
    > I tryed to delete "Modelsim Downstream folder" and set the "compile
    > always" but with no results.
    > Concerning the compilation directly in modelsim, I've about 20/30
    > libraries to import in modelsim, so I tryed not to do that at each
    > test ;)
    >
    > So if you have any others ideas.
    > Thanck you for your last answers

    You can use HDL designer to create a compile script. Have a look in the task
    list for the export_rtl task. Use the generate file to compile your design
    in Modelsim standalone as suggested by Mike. This might provide you with
    some answers (perhaps you have a circular dependency in your packages?).

    Sorry can't think of anything else at the moment,

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Sep 14, 2007