error installing sqlite3 gem on solaris

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Will Parsons, Jun 26, 2009.

  1. Will Parsons

    Will Parsons Guest

    I am attempting to install the sqlite3 gem under Solaris and am getting the
    following error:

    ------------------
    101 beech# gem install sqlite3-ruby
    ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby:

    /opt/csw/bin/ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby
    extconf.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError)
    from extconf.rb:1

    Gem files will remain installed in /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4 for inspection.
    Results logged to /opt/csw/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out
    ------------------

    How do I fix this?

    --
    Will
    Will Parsons, Jun 26, 2009

  2. Will Parsons

    Roger Pack Guest

    > /opt/csw/bin/ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby
    > extconf.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- mkmf (LoadError)
    > from extconf.rb:1

    Looks like your ruby is somehow installed wrong since that should be
    available.
    =r
    Roger Pack, Jun 27, 2009