Error :java.lang.classdefnotfound:

pandit

Hello,
i m newbie in this group and in java.
i m using jdk1.6 compiler. on my Laptop
But still i m facing a problem
when i m Compiling the Program
the program complied with no error's but at Run time it generate

Error: 'java.lang.classdefnotfound"

i dont understand whts happen this happens with all the

programs

The Process is

first set path

"C:\ path= c:\jdk1.6\bin "

Compile Program

C:\javac first.java // programm complied with no errors

Run it
C:\java first // now this times it shows Error

"Java.lang.classdefnotfound"

if enyone knows about it please tell me wht to do

Thanks in advance

EJP

Roedy said:
If it turns out the cause is not listed, make a noise and I'll see if
I can find #38 to add to the list.

The most common cause of this exception is that the location in the file
system or JAR file doesn't correspond with the package name in the
..class file. IOW a .class file was found via the CLASSPATH but it didn't
contain the expected class. This can also happen if you just rename the
..class file.