Error: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed. pls help

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Robert Smith, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Robert Smith

    Robert Smith Guest

    I am getting the following error being caught in my application_error
    method...
    I have no code referencing the crypto classes. I have found nothing on
    the net outside of people with crypto issues. Please Help.
    ~rob

    Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

    at
    System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.DecryptData(Byte[]
    inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount, Byte[]& outputBuffer,
    Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode paddingMode, Boolean fLast)
    at
    System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[]
    inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
    at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFinalBlock()
    at
    System.Web.Configuration.MachineKeySection.EncryptOrDecryptData(Boolean
    fEncrypt, Byte[] buf, Byte[] modifier, Int32 start, Int32 length,
    Boolean useValidationSymAlgo)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptString(String s)
    at
    System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
    context)
    at
    System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
    Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    Robert Smith, Dec 8, 2005