Error Problem - User requested cancel of current operation

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Derk, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Derk

    Derk Guest

    I have an oracle database with about 4 million receipts, we are running some
    asp pages to retireve/display data.

    I am getting the above error when running the following

    <%
    response.buffer=true

    function DisplayGrand()

    response.write "<h2>Selected Receipts - Totals</h2><br>"
    response.write request.form("fromDate") & " To " & request.form("toDate")
    & "<br>"
    response.write "<table width='10%' border=1>"
    response.write "<tr>"
    response.write "<th width='5%'>Date</th>"
    response.write "<th width='5%'>Total</th>"
    response.write "<th width='5%'>Amount</th>"
    response.write "</tr>"

    oRRS.movefirst

    sRowColor="red"
    response.write "<tr bgcolor=" & sRowColor & ">"
    response.write "<td>&nbsp</td>"
    response.write "<td align=right>" & oRRS("TotCount") & "</td>"
    response.write "<td align=right>" & formatcurrency(oRRS("TotAmount")) &
    "</td>"
    response.write "</tr>"
    response.write "</table><br>"

    end function

    '====================================================================
    ' display screen and build the table
    '====================================================================

    Server.ScriptTimeOut=500

    response.write "<html>"
    response.write "<head>"
    response.write "<title>"
    response.write sTitle & " - Receipts Listing"
    response.write "</title>"
    response.write "<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='crea.css'>"
    response.write "</head>"
    response.write "<body bgproperties=fixed>"
    response.write "<center>"
    response.write "<h1>" & sTitle & "</h1>"

    sConn="dsn=craudit2;uid=www_user;password=receipts"

    set oDB = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")
    oDB.open sConn

    sSQL = "Select sum(Amount) TotAmount, Count(*) TotCount from Receipts
    where"
    sSQL = sSQL & " Fund = 15"
    sSQL = sSQL & " and ( ReceiptDate >= '01-APR-03' and ReceiptDate <=
    '30-SEP-03')"

    response.write sSQL

    set oRRS = oDB.execute(sSQL) <- fails at this line

    if oRRS.EOF then
    response.write "<h2><font color=red>"
    response.write "No Receipts selected<br><br>"
    response.write "</h2>"
    else
    DisplayGrand
    end if
    response.write "</body>"
    response.write "<html>"

    %>

    The number of receipts that fall into the above is about 50000

    has anyone had this error and knows how to correct it?

    Thanks

    Derrick
    Derk, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Derk

    Roland Hall Guest

    :
    : ===============================================================
    : sConn="dsn=craudit2;uid=www_user;password=receipts"
    :
    : set oDB = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")
    : oDB.open sConn
    :
    : sSQL = "Select sum(Amount) TotAmount, Count(*) TotCount from Receipts
    : where"
    : sSQL = sSQL & " Fund = 15"
    : sSQL = sSQL & " and ( ReceiptDate >= '01-APR-03' and ReceiptDate <=
    : '30-SEP-03')"
    :
    : response.write sSQL
    :
    : set oRRS = oDB.execute(sSQL) <- fails at this line

    This is related to Oracle. You get this error when a user requests it,
    which would make it correct or when a timeout occurs. This means you should
    look at the previous error for clues.

    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/oracle/ORA01013.htm

    HTH...

    --