Error Type: ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BCD)

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Chuck, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Hi!

    I have a ASP page that generates an excel report. It works fine if there are
    records found, however, if no records are found I would like to call the
    below listed function instead of getting the following error that I am
    presently receiving:

    Error Type:
    ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BCD)
    Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested
    operation requires a current record

    ' Move to the first record
    rs.movefirst <------- Errors here
    if rs.eof then 'new code

    ' Start a loop that will end with the last record
    do while not rs.eof
    ' Move to the next record
    rs.movenext
    ' Loop back to the do statement
    loop
    else 'new code
    call norecordsfound() 'new code
    end if 'new code
    %>

    Thank you in advance.

    Chuck

    Chuck, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Chuck

    Ray at Guest

    You don't need to use rs.Movefirst anyway, since it'll start at the
    beginning. But, your issue is that there are no records in your recordset.

    If Not rs.EOF Then
    '''your looping code
    Else
    response.write "There are no records."