Error when compiling with Cygwin

llewelly

The C++ Committee worked on addressing errors in the original 1998 C++
standard (see this newsgroup's FAQ list about Defect Reports), and is
now working on a future C++ standard.

A Technical Report (TR1) was released containing fixes to Defect

I could've sworn that was called Techical *Corrigendum* 1 ... Am I
wrong?
Reports. The TR was folded into a new version of the C++ standard,
dated 2003. That is now the official standard (ISO/IEC 14882:2003). It
is available for purchase from ISO (at the above addres), from
www.ansi.org, and from www.incits.org.
[snip]

Steve Clamage

llewelly said:
I could've sworn that was called Techical *Corrigendum* 1 ... Am I
wrong?

You are correct. I mis-spoke. The correction is TC1, folded into the
2003 version of the standard.

Will Twentyman

Andre said:
His mistake was to use gcc instead of g++. I have the same
system: when linked correctly, the program works fine with
"iostream". With "iostream.h", it works fine too, but the
compiler gives a warning.

What puzzles me is that I thought it was illegal to use double
quotes to include standard headers. I'd like someone who knows
better than me to confirm.

According to what I've got handy (Stroustrup), double quotes include
from the current directory, <> grabs from the standard include directory
and should not have ".h".