Error while setting parameter using -p option in xalan

Discussion in 'XML' started by dodo_ind, Feb 10, 2009.

  1. dodo_ind

    dodo_ind

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi
    When I try to set a parameter using "-p" option, xalan gives following error:

    [root@test1 bin]# ./Xalan -p version "1.1.1.1" /home/SAMPLE.xml /home/test.xsl
    XPathParserException: Extra illegal token.
    expression = '1.1.1.1' Remaining tokens are: ( '.1.1') (, line -1, column -1)

    I get error only when I try to set expression that contains more than 1 dot. I don't get error for the following command:

    [root@test1 bin]# ./Xalan -p version "1.1" /home/SAMPLE.xml /home/test.xsl
    XPathParserException: Extra illegal token.
    expression = '1.1.1.1' Remaining tokens are: ( '.1.1') (, line -1, column -1)

    Is this a data type issue? I don't face any problem when I use OXYGEN editor. It sets the parameter without any problem.

    Any solution for this?
    I use xalan version 1.10.0 and xerces version is 2.8.0 on FEDORA machine.

    Thanks in advance

    Regards
    Anoop.

    dodo_ind, Feb 10, 2009