Error with Outlook.ApplicationClass

Chris Gatto

Hello, I'm hoping that someone out there has a wonderfully simple answer for
this - it seems like it should.

I am using an ASP.Net application to try and create calendar appointments in
user's outlook mailboxes. I have a reference to the Outlook 11 COM object
in my project. Also, I am using identity_ impersonate = true in my
web.config file using my own credentials in username/password (I am the
administrator on the box). In order instantiate the Outlook class I am
coding the following line in one of my code-behinds:

Dim oApp As Outlook.ApplicationClass = New Outlook.ApplicationClass

When the code reaches this point it fails with the following error being
sent to the browser:
"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Server execution failed"

This next error is what I see in the System Event Log:
"The server {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} did not register with
DCOM within the required timeout."

The 6F03A... id I think represents the outlook object, and I have given full
permission to this file to the INTERACTIVE and ASPNET users. I think this
is purely a permissions issue but I just can't seem to figure out where the
disconnect is taking place.

Thanks in advance.

Guest

did you ever find a solution to this? If so, can you tell me how you did it, please.