"ERROR:Xst:1548 - file.vhd line xx: Negative range in type of signal <h> is not supported"

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Santosh, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. Santosh

    Santosh Guest

    Hi,

    I am using floating point package provided by 1076.3 working group
    (David
    Bishop et. al.). For synthesis i am using Xilinx ISE. Of course, I am
    unable
    to synthesize.
    Whether Xilinx has fixed this problem or not....
    i am still getting the same error "Negative range in type of signal
    <dresult> is not supported."
    i have even downloaded the service pack which they have mentioned in
    the answer

    "For real type functions, this problem has been fixed in the latest
    6.2i Service Pack, available
    at:http://support.xilinx.com/xlnx/xil_sw_updates_home.jsp
    The first service pack containing the fix is 6.2i Service Pack 1."

    could u please tell me the way how to use the package on the xilinx
    only without going to the synplicity tool as because i don't have the
    synplicity tool....

    Thanks,
    Santosh kumar

    Santosh kumar