"ERROR:Xst:1548 - file.vhd line xx: Negative range in type of signal <h> is not supported"

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Santosh, Mar 16, 2006.

  1. Santosh

    Santosh Guest

    I am using floating point package provided by 1076.3 working group
    Bishop et. al.). For synthesis i am using Xilinx ISE. Of course, I am
    to synthesize.
    Whether Xilinx has fixed this problem or not....
    i am still getting the same error "Negative range in type of signal
    <dresult> is not supported."
    i have even downloaded the service pack which they have mentioned in
    the answer

    "For real type functions, this problem has been fixed in the latest
    6.2i Service Pack, available
    The first service pack containing the fix is 6.2i Service Pack 1."

    could u please tell me the way how to use the package on the xilinx
    only without going to the synplicity tool as because i don't have the
    synplicity tool....

    Santosh kumar

    Santosh kumar
    Santosh, Mar 16, 2006