f=Frame(root,height=200,width=200)
b=Button(f,text="quit",command=f.quit)
f.pack()
root.mainloop()

from Tkinter import *
import sys
root=Tk()
f=Frame(root,height=200,width=200)
b=Button(f,text="quit",command=sys.exit)
f.pack()
root.mainloop()

I am wondering that why the button after clikcing is not closing the
window..please any suggestion..
i tries command=f.quit, sys.quit also..
if there is something i'm missing please help

Fredrik Lundh

Anish said:
from Tkinter import *
root=Tk()
f=Frame(root,height=200,width=200)
b=Button(f,text="quit",command=f.quit)
f.pack()
root.mainloop()

from Tkinter import *
import sys
root=Tk()
f=Frame(root,height=200,width=200)
b=Button(f,text="quit",command=sys.exit)
f.pack()
root.mainloop()

I am wondering that why the button after clikcing is not closing the
window..please any suggestion..
i tries command=f.quit, sys.quit also..
if there is something i'm missing please help

Assuming you accidentally left out the line where you're displaying the
button (e.g. "b.pack()"), both your samples work when running this from
the command line.

Are you perhaps running this code from inside IDLE? IDLE is itself
written in Tkinter, and it doesn't always shut down the Tkinter
subsystem properly.

.... and I have to admit that I don't know what the currently recommended
workaround is -- you'll find plenty of documentation on the net that
just says "don't do that" (run Tkinter programs from within IDLE, that
is), but surely someone should have fixed that issue by now?.

</F>

Anish Chapagain

Assuming you accidentally left out the line where you're displaying the
button (e.g. "b.pack()"), both your samples work when running this from
the command line.

Are you perhaps running this code from inside IDLE?  IDLE is itself
written in Tkinter, and it doesn't always shut down the Tkinter
subsystem properly.

... and I have to admit that I don't know what the currently recommended
workaround is -- you'll find plenty of documentation on the net that
just says "don't do that" (run Tkinter programs from within IDLE, that
is), but surely someone should have fixed that issue by now?.

</F>- Hide quoted text -

hi thank's i probably missed the b.pack() but it's till the window is
not closed and error message of Windows Appear

Fredrik Lundh

Anish said:
hi thank's i probably missed the b.pack() but it's till the window is
not closed and error message of Windows Appear

what does that error message say?

</F>