Errors...

Paulo

"This control cannot be displayed because its TagPrefix is not registered in
this Web Form."

"Error 1 The type or namespace name 'UpdatePanel' does not exist in the
namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?) "

These 2 errors above shows on most files of the solution. Tried to build the
entire solution but no success...

Can you help me ?

Using VS2k8 PRO
dashCommerce.org - http://asp.net

Talking about eCommerce do you know good free solutions on asp.net ?

Gregory A. Beamer

"

These 2 errors above shows on most files of the solution. Tried to
build the entire solution but no success...

Can you help me ?

Using VS2k8 PRO
dashCommerce.org - http://asp.net

Talking about eCommerce do you know good free solutions on asp.net ?

One way to fix the broken pages is to insert this at the top.

<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>

This assumes the 2.0 version of AJAX, of course, but that is standard
Visual Studio 2008. I would assume dashCommerce uses 2.0, but I am not
family with it.

If you have to downgrade to a version prior to 2.0, you will have to
change the version number. I do not have the 1.0 version number readily
available, but you can right click the System.Web.Extensions dll and get
version number.

You can also globally register these in the web.config file. To see an
example, create a new AJAX site and copy the AJAX bits over to your
site.

NOTE: If you find the currently fixed pages fail after fixing with
web.config, find the @ Register line and remove it. The most common
reason is the pages were set up with explicit registration of the
Extensions on the 1.0 version while your new web.config is 2.0