eTrust antivirus gateway

Niels Dybdahl

Hi,

I am having trouble getting my applet through an eTrust Antivirus Gateway V
7.1.
The Gateway apparently blocks applets that use a long number of methods and
classes. Especially I have problems with its blocking of
java.net.URLConnection and java.io.DataOutputStream.writeBytes. I use those
for communicating with the server that the applet is loaded from. My applet
is unsigned and supposed to run in the sandbox, so it is already blocked
from communicating with anything else than my server, so I do not see the
point in the Gateway blocking my applet.
If the applet was signed, then I could see the point, but I can not find any
settings in the Gateway to only apply the blocking on signed applets.

Do others have run into this problem ?
Are there any settings in the eTrust Gateway that I am not aware of ?
What code do you use to communicate back to the server ? Do you have code
that uses methods that are not blocked ?

If you have some information on just one of my questions, please let me
know.

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl