EuRuKo 2008, 2nd round

Peter Szinek

Hello all,

After some discussions with Matz, Charlie O. Nutter, David A. Black and
other potential EuRuKo 2008 attendees, trying to resolve any clashes
etc. we have narrowed down the possible date to 3 weekends:

April 12-13
July 19-20
July 26-27

Please let us know which of the above suits you the most (or the least)
so we can finally decide the date and move on!

Cheers,
Peter
___
http://www.rubyrailways.com
http://scrubyt.org

Karel Minařík

Hi Tim,

a) (statistically) better weather, and more importantly:
b) much less interference with other Ruby/Rails/Java/etc related
conferences & events.

Peter Szinek made quite a research on this topic, so he could have
detailed info :)

Cheers,

Karel

Peter Szinek

Karel said:
Hi Tim,

a) (statistically) better weather, and more importantly:
b) much less interference with other Ruby/Rails/Java/etc related
conferences & events.

Peter Szinek made quite a research on this topic, so he could have
detailed info :)

Most of the people, whether participants of the current EuRuKo or
potential participants of EuRuKo 2008 said that they would like to have
the conference in a more pleasant season than autumn. However, that in
itself would not justify an April date of course - but the overlaps with
other conferences started to rule out this and that. The last nail in
the coffin was that Matz told me that September is not really suitable
for him as he is attending the Lone Star RubyConf.

** BUT **

--- nothing is set in stone yet! --- If you know a better date or you
think more people would come in the autumn (including Matz, Charlie O.
Nutter, David A. Black who confirmed that they would like to come in
April, and we are negotiating with others as well) we are open for any
suggestions!

We (or I for that matter) don't want to decide the date on our (my) own
- this is an evolutionary planning process, and the algorithm we used
with the parameters supplied gave this result so far. It doesn't mean
this is the best algorithm - if you have anything better, please speak
up! We are open to any *reasonable* suggestions (i.e. "let's have it in
autumn because it was always in autumn" doesn't qualify) and ready to
modify the plan accordingly.

I can go into details on schedules of various people and conferences
that are overlapping with the other possible dates if somebody needs that.

Cheers,
Peter
___
http://www.rubyrailways.com