Event handling using client side javascript

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Gybas Petr, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Gybas Petr

    Gybas Petr Guest

    Hi all,

    I prepared very simple page to check functionality of javascript on
    Micorsoft PocketPC 2003 Emulator, but it doesn't work, although according to
    documentation it should work.

    <HTML>
    <BODY>
    <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="edt">
    </BODY>
    <SCRIPT FOR="window" EVENT="onload">
    edt.onfocus = edt_onfocus;
    edt.focus();

    function edt_onfocus()
    {
    alert("focus");
    }
    </SCRIPT>
    </HTML>

    When I add ShowScriptErrors registry key, I always get error message: Object
    edt doesn't support this property or method. Error throws on line
    "edt.onfocus = edt_onfocus". Can you help me plese resolve this problem? Is
    this problem in configuration of Pocket Internet Explorer?
    Same script I tried to run on real hw, but with the same result.

    Microsoft Pocket PC Version 4.20.1081 (Build 13100)

    Thank you in advance,
    pgyb

    Gybas Petr, Jul 14, 2004