EventArugment Not Being Passed

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Lucas Tam, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Hi all,

    I've been struggling for the past few days to get a custom control to
    pass events to RaisePostBackEvent.

    My page successfully fires the RaisePostBackEvent, however, the
    EventArugment is always nothing. I do not understand why the event
    argument is not being passed.

    Here is how I'm creating my links which fire the events:

    Dim hlPrevious As HyperLink = New HyperLink()
    hlPrevious.ID = "btnPrevious"
    hlPrevious.NavigateUrl = "javascript:" & Page.GetPostBackClientEvent
    (hlPrevious, "Previous")
    hlPrevious.Text = "<<"

    Dim hlNext As HyperLink = New HyperLink()
    hlNext.ID = "btnNext"
    hlNext.NavigateUrl = "javascript:" & Page.GetPostBackClientEvent(hlNext,
    "Next")
    hlNext.Text = ">>"

    Any ideas why the arguments "Previous" and "Next" are not being sent to
    the event handler?

    Thanks.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()