events on page will not fire

Brent Burkart

No events on my page will fire. I created a button to test if anything
happens at all. When I click on it the onclick event does not fire. This
is the same for all events on the page.

Any ideas?
Brent

Pete

Couple of things to check:

Have you got AutoPostBack = true for the controls you want to raise an event
and are the events initialised in the oninit method. I find that "sometimes"
the VS.NET designer deletes the contents of this overidden method and you
don't get anything posting back.

HTH

Pete