Events / ViewState Order etc Still Confused

mosscliffe

I have a textbox, with TextChanged implemented and AutoPostback = TRUE

I make changes to the Textbox, the TextChanged Routine is not called.

I have a Button which does something with the TEXTBOX, when that is
selected, the Textbox.TextChanged gets executed, but not the Button
code.

If I don't have the TextChanged event, then the Button event gets
executed.

So why is the Button event lost.

I now realise that the TextChanged only gets fired on PostBack to
Server, so in my case it has no use, as all I wanted to do, was change
the backcolor, so that a user would know changes had been made, but I
do not understand why the Button event gets lost.

I am sure one of you experts can explain the sequence in 'DUMMY' terms,
because I am really getting frustrated, with when events get executed,
because it seems that they occur following some OS logic, which doe not
seem to follow natural logic.

Perhaps the answer is somehow to intercept all events and handle them
yourself, but that is beyond my capabilities.

I use VB by the way.