Ever tried this in distutils?

Brian Elmegaard

python setup.py bdist_wininst --bdist-dir=/my/source
is a really efficient way to wake you up even if time is approaching
midnight.

On my machine it does:
running bdist_wininst
running build
installing to /my/source
creating 'c:\docume~1\be\locals~1\temp\tmpimyffc.zip' and adding '.' to it
adding 'setup.py'
creating dist
removing '/my/source' (and everything under it)

Where the last line is the "fun" part. Maybe it should somehow be
mentioned in the documentation that this will happen?

Steve Holden

Brian said:
python setup.py bdist_wininst --bdist-dir=/my/source
is a really efficient way to wake you up even if time is approaching
midnight.

On my machine it does:
running bdist_wininst
running build
installing to /my/source
creating 'c:\docume~1\be\locals~1\temp\tmpimyffc.zip' and adding '.' to it
adding 'setup.py'
creating dist
removing '/my/source' (and everything under it)

Where the last line is the "fun" part. Maybe it should somehow be
mentioned in the documentation that this will happen?
Better still, maybe it shouldn't happen?

regards
Steve