    Does anyone have an example I can use to get started?

    Thanks

    Tom
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=, Jun 21, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Does anyone have an example I can use to get started?

    1) Launch your Internet browser (e.g. IE, FireFox, Netcape, Opera etc)

    2) Navigate to http://www.google.com

    3) Enter the text below in the box:

    "<asp:Menu" example

    4) Hit the button
    Mark Rae, Jun 21, 2006

  3. Here is a site with examples of populating a Menu from various data sources.

    http://www.codeproject.com/cs/menu/PopulatingMenuControlASP2.asp

    --
    -Demetri

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=, Jun 21, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Demetri" <> wrote in message

    > Here is a site with examples of populating a Menu from various data
    > sources.
    >
    > http://www.codeproject.com/cs/menu/PopulatingMenuControlASP2.asp

    Thanks for this, but I know how to populate the <asp:Menu control...

    I was actually interested in getting an idea of how people rate it against
    other (3rd-party) solutions which they'd used prior to v2 (when there wasn't
    a built-in <asp:Menu> control, and how they were using it.

    Still am, in fact... :)

    How are you using this control? Do you prefer it to whatever you used to
    use?
    Mark Rae, Jun 21, 2006
  5. I am confused, are you Tom? I did answer the question he asked I believe.

    But, to answer yours, I am a strong proponent of Microsoft products. The
    reason being is that I'd much rather have something constructed by the source
    than a 3rd party. My basis for that is, go take a look at the controls
    themselves using Reflector, they are EXTREMELY well constructed with
    extensibility in mind.

    In addition, third party components (most of them at least) are not as
    simple as drag and drop. Rather, they require you to copy scripts, manually
    make references to stylesheets and scripts. Microsoft understand that most
    people don't want to be bothered with all of that but like the ease of drag
    and drop and get to more important things.

    Anyway, that's my 30 second 2 cents worth.
    --
    -Demetri

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=, Jun 21, 2006