Example of signaling and creating a python daemon

David Pratt

Hi. I am running a zope server. Zope runs 4 threads and I have a
document processing method that can require minutes to run so I do not
want to run out of threads. A solution to this is to run this process
asynchronously. What I am hoping to do is send a signal to a python
deamon to run a process and then go back to sleep.

I am hoping to find a clear example of:
* sending a signal from a python script to start a python daemon
somewhere on the filesystem
* a python daemon that utilizes the signal to wake up from sleep and
run a method, then go back to sleep.

I have no experience daemonizing a script so this help would be much
appreciated. I have found a couple of scripts googling on creating a
deemon but not work in this way.

Regards,
David