Excel Interop Problems

Guest

I have an asp.net/vb.net app that opens Excel, creates a report and then saves the file for download.

The problem I am having is the Excel process persists (visible under the Task Manager) after the quitting and setting the Excel object (and all others) = nothing. I perform this same function in classic ASP without incident. I found several related posts on the .Net Interop discussion group and tried all of their suggestions, however, nothing seems to work. Specifically I have tried everything in the following article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q317109

The only exception is that I am referencing the Excel 9.0 object library not 10.0

Is there something specific I am missing in ASP.Net that is not an issue with a Windows App

Thank you in advance for any help
Tod