Excel report with ASP.NET read-only problem

Guest

Hello,

To create a excel report from ASP.NET I do the folowing steps:

-Create a HTML document.
-Use Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"

Everything works fine and the excel report is shown inside the IE.
The problem is when I try to save the page, this message appears:

"'aspname.aspx' is read-only.To save a copy, click OK, then give the
workbook a new name in the Save As dialog box."

The strange thing is that accessing the same page through internet from
another computer the message does not appears.
I tried to modify the security settings in IE but nothing works.

Any idea?

Thank you

Óscar

Guest

This sounds similar to a recent problem I encountered where the user account
did not have full access to the Temporary Internet Files folder contents.

SSL? Look at the IE, Advanced setting for "Save encrypted files to disk"

Guest