    Exception block.

    Is there someone who can help me finding my path:)?

    Thanks a lot
    J-T, Jun 3, 2005

  2. J-T

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi J-T:

    You can pick just the pieces / projects you need from EL - no need to
    swallow the whole pill.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Jun 3, 2005

  3. J-T

    J-T Guest

    But as far as I know all tghe application blocks are kind of dependant on
    the Configuration block.Is that true?

    J-T, Jun 3, 2005
  4. J-T

    Scott Allen Guest

    That is true.

    Scott Allen, Jun 4, 2005
  5. J-T

    J-T Guest

    So it means that I have to use configuration block as well.I need kind of
    independant one.

    Thanks

    J-T, Jun 4, 2005
  6. J-T

    J-T Guest

    Scott,

    You didn't follow up my other post"Application_End method of Global.asax and
    Shutting down an asp.net application",did you? I didn't get the final answer
    from you.My problem was:

    I have my applciation installed in an appplication pool (a worker
    process) -IIS 6.0-which is defined to be shut down after 20 minutes of being
    idle.If I put a breakpoint in Application_End method of Global.asax and
    there is no request for 20 minutes ,it never gets hit!!! Why is that so?

    Is there a document which can gives me more infomration in this behaviour?

    Thanks

    J-T, Jun 4, 2005
  7. J-T

    Scott Allen Guest

    HI J-T:

    No, I didn't follow up - I honestly I can't think of what the problem
    would be. I've tried this myself by setting the timeout to one minute
    for the application pool hosting my ASP.NET application, and the
    breakpoint I have set in Application_End will be hit.

    I wonder why you are not seeing the same behavior...

    Scott Allen, Jun 4, 2005
  8. J-T

    J-T Guest

    Do you run your ASP.NET application in windows 2003 and IIS 6.0?

    Thanks

    J-T, Jun 5, 2005
  9. J-T

    Scott Allen Guest

    Yes - I use Win2003 on my development machine.

    Scott Allen, Jun 5, 2005
  10. J-T

    J-T Guest

    I start the application from VS 2003,the application starts ,but it never
    bring the aspx page up!!! then when I enter
    http://localhost/myapp/mypage.aspx,it is there and works fine.In this way I
    can not debug it.Can it be the problem?

    Thanks

    J-T, Jun 6, 2005
  11. J-T

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hmm - can you set a break point in an ASPX page?

    Scott Allen, Jun 6, 2005
  12. J-T

    J-T Guest

    Yes,Scott all the breakpoints get hit except the one which is in
    Application_End.I've set "Shut down worker process if idle..." of the
    application pool to 1 minue.Never hits the breakpoint in
    application_End!!!:)

    that's funny
    Thanks Scott for following this up.

    J-T, Jun 6, 2005