Exception - Could not find a part of the path "D:\"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Bernie Raffe, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Bernie Raffe

    Bernie Raffe Guest

    I've just deployed my .Net Web app at an ISP on a shared
    server.

    Whenever I try to create a new directory, an exception is
    raised - Could not find a part of the path "D:\"

    I'm 100% certain that the directory path is correct, and
    in fact one of the 3rd party components that I use tries
    to create a 'thumbnails' directory (for images), and the
    same exception is raised at that pont.

    The first directory that it tries to create is:-
    D:\WWWRoot\clubnoticeboardcom\www\ClubData\ClubNo30
    (everything already exists apart from the
    final 'ClubNo30' directory)

    This doesn't appear to be the same error as occurs when
    ASPNET doesn't have write permissions, it looks as though
    its complaining about the root level directory.

    Here's the code I use, but as I say - i'm pretty sure its
    not a coding problem because even a 3rd party
    professional component causes the same exception to be
    raised.

    private void createClubDirectories(int iClubId)
    {
    string strFullPath =
    HttpContext.Current.Request.PhysicalApplicationPath
    + "ClubData\\ClubNo" + iClubId.ToString();

    Directory.CreateDirectory(strFullPath+);
    }

    The ISP confirms that the ASPNET account has write/modify
    permissions to the roor level directory and to the
    ClubData directory.

    Can anybody help please?

    Thanks,
    Bernie
    Bernie Raffe, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Bernie Raffe

    kurt Guest

    Hello,

    I was wondering if you have found already a solution to your problem.
    Me, I have exactly the same problem. My application is hosted at a
    server by catalyst2 and they assured me to that the settings are
    correct.

    If you found a way out of this I would appriciate if you, or somone
    else, could give me a clue what's going on.

    Kind regards,
    Kurt

    kurt, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Bernie Raffe

    Bernie Raffe Guest

    Hi Kurt,

    We did sort this out eventually.

    I had a hard time convincing the ISP that the problem was at their end
    and not my code, but in the end they persevered and managed to resolve
    the problem at their end.

    Unfortunately, they refused to tell me the exact fix that they made, and
    only said that it was a 'permissions' problem.

    The ISP is at www.hostway-uk.com, I would suggest that your ISP gets in
    touch with them. Tell your ISP to refer to my domain name which is
    www.clubnoticeboard.com - that should jog Hostways mememories.

    Hope this helps - you can contact me directly at

    Cheers,
    Bernie

    Bernie Raffe, Sep 12, 2003