exec with forked childs w/ stdin stout

isaac

I'm just wondering is there anything that waits for some messages from
parent before it returns.
instead of which only works if parents are faster...: while ( read
(fileno(stdin),word,99)
Thanks. =)

Vladimir S. Oka

isaac opined:
I'm just wondering is there anything that waits for some messages
from parent before it returns.
Kids?

instead of which only works if parents are faster...: while ( read
(fileno(stdin),word,99)

Your question is hugely confusing. Try to rephrase.

Also, `read()` and `fileno()` are non-standard functions, which may
make your question off-topic here. Try again anyway.

santosh

isaac said:
I'm just wondering is there anything that waits for some messages from
parent before it returns.
instead of which only works if parents are faster...: while ( read
(fileno(stdin),word,99)
Thanks. =)

Your question is incomprehensible. If you mean functions for creating
new processes or waiting for their completion, standard C has no
provisions for them. Nevertheless, your compiler or library might have
extensions like spawn(), wait() etc., that might do what you seem to be
asking for. If not, rephrase your question better and repost.

Keith Thompson

Vladimir S. Oka said:
isaac opined:

Your question is hugely confusing. Try to rephrase.

Also, `read()` and `fileno()` are non-standard functions, which may
make your question off-topic here. Try again anyway.

fork() and exec() (mentioned in the subject header but not in the body
of the message) are also non-standard. Try comp.unix.programmer --
and try to ask the question more clearly.

SM Ryan

# I'm just wondering is there anything that waits for some messages from
# parent before it returns.
# instead of which only works if parents are faster...: while ( read
# (fileno(stdin),word,99)
# Thanks. =)

ANSI C has no inherent mechanisms to coordinate multiple processes
nor promises that it can do so. You will need a programming language
designed for that or a system specific library for C.