EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'maste

Guest

Hi guys,

this is a curios thing, everything was working fine then I had to restore my
development machine( VS.NET, SQL server etc) now I'm receiveing this error
from my asp aplication only in RELEASE mode, but everything works good in
DEBUG mode, this is happening when I run my app against my local SQLDB and
against a hosting DB.

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner
'dbo'.

Any sugg we'll b apre...

thks

Ken

Guest

You need to grant permissions to that stored procedure for the calling user.
In the SQL Analyzer type:
GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_sdidebug TO <user here>

HTH

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Ken,

On my local machine I've never had to grant execute permissions for a SP.
Did you have to do that before your restore? If not the permissions might
be a little whacked. Did you install VS.Net before SQL Server? If so maybe
the aspnet account was setup without the permissions for SQL. Or after you
setup your machine the first time, way back, did you ever do anything to add
the aspnet account or your Windows login account to the SQL Server
permissions list? I'm just throwing those out there to maybe point you in
the right direction. I've never encountered this locally and when I've
encountered it in production I've always done what the guy mentioned in the
reply before mine. Good luck! Ken.

Guest

Hi

I'm geting some clues,
On my local machine I've never had to grant execute permissions for a SP.
Did you have to do that before your restore? No

Did you install VS.Net before SQL Server?do anything to add
Yes, is it not the order?
Or after you
setup your machine the first time, way back, did you ever do anything to add
the aspnet account or your Windows login account to the SQL Server
permissions list?

Umm I remember I had another problem running the aspnet app (not this one),
and the only aditional thing I did was to run the Aspnet_regiis.exe utility,
should I have to run it again?

also, I run the 'GRANT EXECUTE ON sp_sdidebug TO dbo' on my local Master
Database, and nothing happen...the error is stil here

by the way I'dont get why the master DB is involved...

The production environmet is a hosting company, so I have only a user
account on my Application DB not on Master DB, so I cant run the script...

Ken

Guest

Hi,

It does not work, the error is stil here:

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner
'dbo'.

Why is the error on Master DB?

Ken

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi,

It is just your local machine where you are having problems right? Or are
you having the same problem with your production site and database? I think
you need to install SQL Server before installing VS.Net and the .Net
framework. That is the way I've alway done it. You might want to try to
re-install VS.Net and the framework and see if that clears things up now
that SQL is installed. There is probably a way to setup the permissions for
the aspnet account manually but I don't know how to do it. Good luck! Ken.

TGHW

Hi Ken,

This problem comes from the Project Properties setting "Enable SQ
Debugging" being set to true. Disable that setting, and it should wor
fine.

++Tyler
*Hi guys,

this is a curios thing, everything was working fine then I had t
restore my
development machine( VS.NET, SQL server etc) now I'm receiveing thi
error
from my asp aplication only in RELEASE mode, but everything work
good in
DEBUG mode, this is happening when I run my app against my loca
SQLDB and
against a hosting DB.

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master'
owner
'dbo'.

Any sugg we'll b apre...

thks

Ken

-
TGH

Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Microsoft data access components

try installing MDAC 2.8 on the machine that is querying your database, that did the trick for me.
Mike