Execute/Run the Ruby (.rb) files from browser.

Raju Gautam

Hello ruby users,

I am not new at all for ruby because i have studied for a month about
ruby. Actually i need to create a heatmap (the overlay image that shows
the click locations in my web page) for my site using ruby on rails
which i got reference from
http://blog.corunet.com/english/the-definitive-heatmap. And i am
successfull to create heatmap in my local machine. Also i tried
everything installing (ImageMagick, RMagick, Ruby as well as other
needed software) and i am success now to create the images using
RMagick/ImageMagick in the server from COMMAND LINE only. When i run the
image creating code form command line as ruby something.rb. It reads the
data from a text file and writes into a file that shows the click maps
of my site. But when i run this same code from browser from a controller
class and method, it does not work neither it gives me the error.

And hereby now i want to know how to run or how to call the something.rb
file which generates the image successfully from command line (SSH in
PUTTY) from my controller class (calling method). How can we execute
that .rb file from my ruby code (executing ruby files).

I dont know whether i could make you understood my problem. Please help
me. I am spending lots of days for this but i could not do.

Thank you very much help in advance.

Raju Gautam
A New Ruby Programmer