Executing custom sql-commands

Bart

Hello,

I'm fairly new to asp.net and am trying to construct a webpage where
people have to log in to get acces (and more but first things first).
I'm using Microsoft SQL-server 2000 (SP3).
The sqlDataSource I have placed, userDS, can connect to the
database/table and I'm able to edit and delete data via the GridView
component but don't know how to run custom sql-commands. I've tried
different variations of userDS.Select() but don't know (and can't find
on these discussiongroups) how to specify the arguments. All the help I
can find on this topic refer to an 'execute'-command but I can't get
this to work. I've also tried it on a dataset.datatable object.

Would anyone be so kind and help me out?

Kind regards,
Bart Goltstein