Executing Perl from PHP

Dan Anderson

I have a PHP frontend to a Perl script. Currently the PHP
script opens up the Perl script and posts what to do, and the Perl
script outputs the results, and that's how they communicate. I find
it very inefficient though, and was curious, does anyone know of a way
to run Perl from inside of PHP?

I know that PHP has a system call -- sort of like back ticks
in perl -- but it can be disabled depending on the way PHP is set up.
Anyone know another way?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dan Anderson

Abigail said:
Dan Anderson ([email protected]) wrote on MMMDCCXXXIV September
MCMXCIII in <URL:[]
[] I have a PHP frontend to a Perl script. Currently the PHP
[] script opens up the Perl script and posts what to do, and the Perl
[] script outputs the results, and that's how they communicate. I find
[] it very inefficient though, and was curious, does anyone know of a way
[] to run Perl from inside of PHP?
[]
[] I know that PHP has a system call -- sort of like back ticks
[] in perl -- but it can be disabled depending on the way PHP is set up.
[] Anyone know another way?

That would be PHP questions, now wouldn't they?

Well it seemed reasonable to assum that since perl is easily
integrated with other languages that somebody might have written a
module in CPAN or would know something about it.

-Dan

James Willmore

Abigail said:
Dan Anderson ([email protected]) wrote on MMMDCCXXXIV September
MCMXCIII in
<URL:news:[email protected]>:[]
[] I have a PHP frontend to a Perl script. Currently
the PHP[] script opens up the Perl script and posts what to
do, and the Perl[] script outputs the results, and that's how
they communicate. I find[] it very inefficient though, and was
curious, does anyone know of a way[] to run Perl from inside of
PHP? []
[] I know that PHP has a system call -- sort of like
back ticks[] in perl -- but it can be disabled depending on the
way PHP is set up.[] Anyone know another way?

That would be PHP questions, now wouldn't they?

Well it seemed reasonable to assum that since perl is easily
integrated with other languages that somebody might have written a
module in CPAN or would know something about it.

Right ......

Perl modules, written in Perl, to execute/access/etc PHP. If that's
the case, we can assist. *Not* the other way - as your post suggests
("I have a PHP front end to a Perl script").

Go to http://search.cpan.org/ if you would like to search for a Perl
module that will execute/access/etc. PHP.

Post to a PHP group if going the other way.

Have a good day :)

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house
<on the beach.