execution environment

Lubna

Could someone please explain to me what is meant by an execution
environment.
I would appreciate it much.
thanks,
Lubna

hiwa

Lubna ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
Could someone please explain to me what is meant by an execution
environment.
I would appreciate it much.
thanks,
Lubna
Give, or quote, a full sentence in which the word is used.

Lubna

Thanks for replying. here is the full sentence.

An abstract computing machine, or virtual machine, JVM is a
platform-independent execution environment that converts Java bytecode
into machine language and executes it.

Mark Space

Lubna said:
Thanks for replying. here is the full sentence.

An abstract computing machine, or virtual machine, JVM is a
platform-independent execution environment that converts Java bytecode
into machine language and executes it.

Just to jump in here... In this case it means that the JVM fully
surrounds and supports the Java program. Just like your environment
fully surrounds and supports you, with oxygen, sunlight, housing, etc.
Normal programs don't have to leave this JVM environment to do things.
For example, your Java program doesn't have to make an OS call to open a
file. The JVM provides way to do this; that is within the JVM
"environment."

That's what I get out of that, anyway.