Exexcuting a Web Services asyncronously in Web Application.

lambu

Hi,
How do i execute a Web Services asyncronously in my Web
Application?

How do i know when the Web Services has completed executing?

One more thing - If the user requests for a page, in which the Web
Service is executed asyncronously, until and unless the web services
has been executed, the page won;t go back to the client

Ramesh

Henrik Gøttig

Hi Ramesh,
Hi,
How do i execute a Web Services asyncronously in my Web
Application?
By using callback methods, depending on the version of .NET
How do i know when the Web Services has completed executing?
The WS method has completed when the callback method is called. The
basic idea is this:
1)
Before you invoke (call) your WS, in this case from an ASP.NET page, you
register a callback method with the call.
2)
You call the desired method xxxxBeginInvoke passing in the reference to
your callback method
3)
Upon completion the call back method is called on you can retrieve the
result of the call, including any return parameters.

Try MSDN and search on async webservices client and you'll get a bunch
of goodies.
One more thing - If the user requests for a page, in which the Web
Service is executed asyncronously, until and unless the web services
has been executed, the page won;t go back to the client

If there's only one WS to call, this actually serializes (executes in
serial) the call to the page (from the page's point of view).

The goal, I guess, was to execute the CALLS to the WS in parallel and
then pick up the result of all calls to build the page, right?
Just do it as described above... There are minor differences (two ways
of passing in the callback method) between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0

Regards

Henrik