    Who knows it please give me a help.

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Jun 28, 2009

  2. Weng Tianxiang wrote:

    > I want to expand unsigned 4*4 module to signed 16*16 module and cannot
    > find any references.

    Post your 4*4.

    Mike Treseler, Jun 28, 2009

  3. On Jun 27, 6:10 pm, Mike Treseler <> wrote:
    > Weng Tianxiang wrote:
    > > I want to expand unsigned 4*4 module to signed 16*16 module and cannot
    > > find any references.

    > Post your 4*4.

    Hi Mike,
    Here it is a Xilinx invention about 4*4 module.
    http://www.google.com/patents/about...inm_is=0&as_miny_is=&as_maxm_is=0&as_maxy_is=
    Configurable logic block with and gate for efficient multiplication in
    FPGAS by Xilinx Kenneth D. Chapman et al in FIG. 9, 16 and 17.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Jun 28, 2009
  4. Weng Tianxiang wrote:

    > Here it is a Xilinx invention about 4*4 module.

    The topic of this newsgroup is vhdl.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jun 28, 2009
  5. Weng Tianxiang

    rickman Guest

    On Jun 27, 8:39 pm, Weng Tianxiang <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to expand unsigned 4*4 module to signed 16*16 module and cannot
    > find any references.
    >
    > Who knows it please give me a help.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Weng

    To use a multiplier module, you must consider the product output from
    this module to be a partial product which is added to the other
    partial products to form the complete product. To do a 16x16 multiply
    using 4x4 multiplier modules will require 16 of these modules.
    Consider each 16 bit number to be composed of

    a3*2**12 + a2*2**8 + a1*2**4 + a0 and b3*2**12 + b2*2**8 + b1*2**4 +
    b0

    Your partial products will be a0*b0 + a0*b1*2**4 + a1*b0*2**4 +
    a1*b1*2**8 + ...

    I think you can see where this is going.

    Rick

    rickman, Jun 29, 2009