Expat 2.0 released

Discussion in 'XML' started by Karl Waclawek, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. Release 2.0.0 of the Expat XML parser is the end point of the
    1.95.X series of releases. The goals we tried to achieve were:

    - Solidify and stabilize the implementation of the given API.
    - Add desirable features as long as they fit with the API.
    - Keep the API backwards compatible, if extensions are needed.

    Changes:
    - We no longer use the "check" library for C unit testing; we
    always use the (partial) internal implementation of the API.
    - Report XML_NS setting via XML_GetFeatureList().
    - Fixed headers for use from C++.
    - XML_GetCurrentLineNumber() and XML_GetCurrentColumnNumber()
    now return unsigned integers.
    - Added XML_LARGE_SIZE switch to enable 64-bit integers for
    byte indexes and line/column numbers.
    - Updated to use libtool 1.5.22 (the most recent).
    - Added support for AmigaOS.
    - Some mostly minor bug fixes. SF issues include: 1006708,
    1021776, 1023646, 1114960, 1156398, 1221160, 1271642.

    Web site: http://www.libexpat.org
    Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10127

    Karl
    Karl Waclawek, Jan 12, 2006